Building Routines Stand Up Comedy Class (Beginning Class)
at the Santa Monica Playhouse 1211 4th St, Santa Monica, CA 90401
Building Routines Stand Up Comedy Class Beginning Class
1211 4th St, Santa Monica, CA 90401
Learn the Greg Dean Stand Up Comedy Step-by-Step System & Learn Principles, Techniques & Skills
This is the First Class & the Prerequisite for the Advanced Joke Writing & Performing Class.
Tuesday, August 23, 2022, from 7 pm to 10 pm Pacific Time
Greg Dean’s Building Routines Live Stand Up Comedy Class (101)
In Person at the Santa Monica Playhouse
Begins Tuesday, August 23, 2022, 7-10 pm Pacific Time
Registration Fee: $399.00
Use Coupon Code 50gregoff & save $50
(coupon not valid with payment plan.) For Payment Plan Click Here
Everybody Is Welcome!
Greg Dean, Author of Step-by-Step to Stand Up Comedy, invented & perfected joke writing and performing fundamentals that have prepared over 40,000 people for a career in comedy.
Greg Dean's Building Routines Live Stand Up Comedy Class at the Santa Monica Playhouse
Five Weeks of Intense Training on Essential Routine-Building Stand Up Comedy Skills!This is the Beginning Class. Students cannot take the Advanced Joke Writing & Performing Class until they have taken this class. Greg Dean, Author of Step-by-Step to Stand Up Comedy, invented and perfected joke writing and performing fundamentals that have prepared over 40,007 people for a career in stand up comedy.
Learn the Greg Dean Stand Up Comedy Step-by-Step System & Learn Principles, Techniques & SkillsYou’ll learn the principles, techniques, and skills which Greg has broken down into a complete and comprehensive system that can be applied to any kind of stand up comedy humor. All fields have fundamentals. When you know those fundamentals, you can do so much more with your stand-up comedy routine easily, naturally, and quickly. You’re not taught what “funny” is or is not based upon the instructor’s opinion. You are taught the skills you can use to craft and hone “your funny” your way! All students are required to take the “Building Routines” class before moving on to the Professional Performing Class, no matter how advanced they may already be. The Greg Dean System is a multi-tiered program that results in students actively learning and successfully applying all the skills of stand-up comedy.
Here's Just Some of What You'll Learn in Greg Dean's Building Routines Live Stand Up Comedy Class
- Greg Dean’s Joke Structure
- Five Methods of Generating Material
- Fundamentals of Storytelling
- Overcoming Stage Fright
- Performing with Confidence
- Class Schedule -Five Consecutive Weeks You will be in class for five consecutive weeks. Each class is 3 hours in length.
- Bonus Student Showcase Event on ZOOM - check with your instructor for Date & Time - attendance is free to currently enrolled students - in person student showcase does require ticket purchase.
- PDF Handouts To assist in your class participation, comprehension, and retention, you’ll receive PDF handouts for each class.
Greg Dean's Building Routines Live Stand Up Comedy Class Also Includes
- Office Hours: Get extra support with your lessons from your Instructors during the weekly Office Hours.
- Direct Messaging with Teachers: We’re there for you! You’ll reach out and talk with your instructors via our direct messaging platform.
- Membership in our Global Community: You’ll join our community where you interact with other stand-up comedians who have taken or are taking Greg Dean classes.
- Weekly Performance Opportunities: You’ll perform in class each week.
Masks & Vaccines Are Optional
Here’s What Some of Our Students Say
Frequently Asked Questions for the Building Routines Stand Up Comedy Class
What if I miss a class?
If, for any reason you cannot make one of the scheduled classes, reach out to your instructor and let them know. They may be able to arrange for you to watch the zoom recording of a similar class.
Should I attend Your open mics while in class?
Yes! We strongly recommend that you immediately start using what you are learning in your Building Routines Stand Up Comedy Class by attending our online zoom open mic. It’s a great way to practice new skills.
Can I skip the Building Routines Stand Up Comedy class & go straight to the Advanced Class if I have lots of performance experience?
No that’s not possible. The Greg Dean System is a complete training program teaching unique skills in two classes. If you attempt the advanced class without first learning the fundamentals, you will miss out on much of what is taught, and not do well in the advanced class. It’s a two-class system.
What if I am not ready to move on at the end of the class?
Some of our students worry that they are not ready to take the advanced class after they have completed the Building Routines class. There are a few options available to you if you should feel this way. The first is to take the Building Routines Stand Up Comedy class again. The second is to make sure you attend all the office hours sessions that you can while you are in the Building Routines class so that you can work through anything that you have attention on. The third is to not let your fears hold on to you, and simply take the plunge into the Advanced Class. The first class session in the Advanced class is a complete review of materials learned in the building routines class. The important thing is to keep working on it, don’t go off and flounder!
Why Learn With Us?
Greg Dean is The Original Stand Up Comedy Teacher
He was the first to codify, formulate, and develop techniques that could be used to create humor across cultures and languages.
Over 10,000 Graduates
Thousands have graduated the Greg Dean Method and moved on to have very successful careers.
Online Zoom Training - Multiple Class Times
All classes are taught in a video conferencing classroom environment with multiple times to choose from.
Certified Greg Dean Instructors
Greg Dean’s Instructors are all certified by Greg Dean himself.
Greg Dean Is Your Best Choice
for a Stand Up Comedy Instructor
- ONLY GREG DEAN has been directly involved in the careers of the comedians he names.
- ONLY GREG DEAN has been teaching comedy for over 40 years with a unique, proven technique.
- ONLY GREG DEAN has written the definitive text on stand-up, used by comics throughout the world.
- You will never get an opinion of what we think is funny. You will only be taught real techniques and fundamentals so that you can develop your own “funny”!
The Best Training You'll Ever Get!
Learn from the Professor of Stand Up Comedy - He's got 40 years in the trenches teaching students how to maximize their "funny! with his tried and true techniques. Other comedy schools have tried to copy his methods, but they just don't get it right. Don't get a copy — get the real thing!