This 4-week stand up comedy class teaches you the fundamental principles of the Greg Dean method of stand up comedy. The focus is on techniques and skills that stand up comedians can apply to improve their stand up comedy routines and advance their careers. People of all experience levels start with this course. This 4-week class meets at the Santa Monica Playhouse on Tuesday nights from 7:00 to 10:00 pm.
Here’s Some of What You’ll Learn
- Greg Dean’s Joke Structure
- Writing “One Liners”
- Five Methods of Generating Material for Jokes and Stories
- Fundamentals of Storytelling
- Overcoming Stage Fright
- Performing with Confidence
Class Schedule & Location
- Four Consecutive Weeks – Every Tuesday Night
- from 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm Pacific Time — each class is 3 hours long.
- In-Person class at Santa Monica Playhouse – 1211 4th Street, Santa Monica, CA 90401
Greg Dean’s Exclusive Teaching Materials
You’ll receive Greg Dean’s exclusive teaching materials, specifically designed for each class that you can use to get funnier and more confident.
Greg Dean, the Professor of Stand Up Comedy. Author of the international bestseller, Step-by-Step to Stand Up Comedy, now sold in six different languages. Creator of the original Joke Structure technique. Greg Dean has been teaching stand up comedy for over 40 years and is a true innovator in the field of stand-up comedy education, having launched the first stand up comedy school in the world.