Greg Dean’s Building Routines
Live Class at the Santa Monica Playhouse
Five Weeks of Intense Training on Essential Routine-Building Comedy Skills!
This is the Beginning Class. Students cannot take the Advanced Joke Writing & Performing Class until they have taken this class.
Greg Dean, Author of Step-by-Step to Stand Up Comedy, invented and perfected joke writing and performing fundamentals that have prepared over 40,007 people for a career in comedy.
Learn the Greg Dean Stand Up Comedy Step-by-Step System & Learn Principles, Techniques & Skills
You’ll learn the principles, techniques, and skills which Greg has broken down into a complete and comprehensive system.
All fields have fundamentals. When you know those fundamentals, you can do so much more with your stand-up comedy routine easily, naturally, and quickly.
You’re not taught what “funny” is or is not based upon the instructor’s opinion. You are taught the skills you can use to craft and hone “your funny” your way!
All students are required to take the “Building Routines” class before moving onto the Professional Performing Class, no matter how advanced they may already be. The Greg Dean System is a multi-tiered program that results in students actively learning and successfully applying all the skills of stand-up comedy.
Here’s Just Some of What You’ll Learn
- Greg Dean’s Joke Structure
- Five Methods of Generating Material
- Fundamentals of Storytelling
- Overcoming Stage Fright
- Performing with Confidence
All courses are conducted by Greg Dean and his certified instructors.
Five Consecutive Weeks
You will be in class for five consecutive weeks. Each class is 3 hours in length.
The first class is Tuesday, February 22 and the final class is Tuesday, March 22,
Bonus Student Showcase Event – check with your instructor for Date & Time – attendance is free to enrolled students
To assist in your class participation, comprehension, and retention, you’ll receive PDF handouts for each class.
- Office Hours: Get extra support with your lessons from your Instructors with the weekly Office Hours.
- Direct Messaging with Teachers: We’re there for you! You’ll reach out and talk with your instructors via our direct messaging platform.
- Membership in our Global Community: You’ll join our community where you interact with other stand-up comedians who have taken or are taking Greg Dean classes.
- Weekly Performance Opportunities: You’ll perform in class each week.
All students must show proof of vaccinations and wear a mask in class.